The Thessaloniki Schools for Experiential Learning operates on the premises of the American Farm School and offers an extended, innovative educational program to young children 4 to 12 years of age. Main axes of the curriculum include experiential environmental innovative programs, enriched Science teaching programs, English language acquisition and technological literacy programs.
The following job vacancies for the school year 2016-2017 at the Elementary School are announced below:
- Two full-time positions for Elementary School Teachers (Grade C)
- Two full-time positions for substitute Elementary School Teachers (Grade A)
- One part-time position for an English Teacher
- One part-time position for an IT teacher
All teaching staff report to the Elementary School Principal. Elementary School Teachers are responsible for teaching their class. Special Interest Class Teachers are responsible for teaching their subject to all classes.
Characteristics of the positions’ job descriptions:
Each teacher is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Implements the extended curriculum and experiential environmental and innovative programs of the School.
- Cooperates systematically with all teaching staff of the School.
- Develops additional educational material for his/her class and the experiential programs he/she implements.
- Teaches using modern teaching methods (team-oriented cooperative learning and differentiated learning, experiential approaches and the use of suitable IT tools).
- Communicates with parents providing timely feedback.
- Participates in student recruiting and other activities that require teachers’ presence.
- Attends community activities addressed to student families.
- University Degree of the respective specialization (Elementary Education, English Language, IT).
- A minimum of 3 year teaching experience in elementary education.
- Proficiency in English documented either by a US/British University degree or the appropriate certificate.
- Excellent skills in the use of IT technology and its applications in education.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and educational innovation.
- Impeccable work ethics.
- Postgraduate studies in a subject related to Elementary Education.
- Experience in the implementation of environmental or other innovative programs.
- In the case of English language teachers native speakers will be preferred.
Candidates should send a letter of interest and their CV by May 13, 2016 electronically only to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail). The e-mail should have the subject: Application for Elementary Teaching Positions. For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department, Despina Theodoridou, tel.: 2310492740.